Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bless-ed Chloe

Three years later and my New Year has started once again not how I imagined. Am I not learning the lesson?

My beautiful beautiful little dog Chloe left us last night. She was accidentally ran over by a friend shortly before midnight. The horror and pain was instant. The dog I'd bought for my children. The dog I bought on my own and walked through the door and gave them was suddenly unexpectedly gone.

My heart aches. My children cry.

I haven't cried. I have sobbed. Gut wrenching sorrow filled sobs. I am numb. My darling Chloe is gone.

Her husband (the Bless-eds married them last New Years day) Laska sits at the door. He is confused and lost. I look at him and the numb ache remains.

Chloe is in my book. The image I clung to of my homecoming with baby in arms always involved her. Always she would be at the gate on the bright sunny day tail wagging looking up at me and the new baby saying 'Hey you! Where you been? Do you have a new play mate for me?'

My homecoming was not a bright sunny day but a cold dark evening,and yes Chloe was there. At the gate wagging her tail looking up at me.

Everyone loved her.

We are grieving for her.
The tears will flow and then one day stop.
We will always miss her.

Bless-ed Chloe will be forever in our hearts.

Happy New Year,

Cathryn

2 comments:

  1. oh Cathy, I am so sorry, I have tears in my eyes reading this. Great big hugs to you and your family
    love Sonja

    ReplyDelete